various error messages when I run 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed office 2013 recently and since then when I run my 2010 excel I get error messages of various sorts which prove inconsequential after the enter key is hit, but to have to do this repeatedly is annoying.  I have already canceled my 2013 subscription and would willingly uninstall it but there isn't a link provided to do this so I haven't done anything yet.  Maybe there's a properties way to restore default settings, but I'm lost on this too.

Help!

Monday, June 10, 2013 6:00 PM

Answers

• You may or may not have found an answer to your problem but since I am going away for several days I will leave this :

If the above test reveals that you have a 64-bit system, then the file vbe6ext.olb resides here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6EXT.OLB

If that is the case, you can try the following

1. Rename the file to vbe6ext.OLD

2. You do have a ribbon menu. It looks like this

3. Right click any of the menu items and select "Customize the Ribbon" from the drop-down list

4. In the right hand side of the window that will then open, tick "Developer" then "OK"

5. The Ribbon menu will now also show Developer. Click on "Developer"

6. Click on "Visual Basic"

7. A Window will open asking if you would like to repair this feature now. Click Yes.

8. When the repair has finished close Excel and reopen it.

• Marked as answer by rclaycom Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:19 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:32 AM

All replies

• Please try Googling "How to uninstall Office 2013"

Examples of results

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Microsoft-Office-2013

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:56 PM
  • Thanks for the  help, but while I successfully uninstalled 2013, I still have the same problems with 2010 that started after I installed 2013. Specifically, when I open 2010 it says VBEGExt.OLB could not be opened.  After I say OK, the program works but I get a 5001 error whenever I enter anything to cell.  I can say OK again but this is a nuisance.

Help!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:37 PM
  • OK, I've looked that over pretty carefully and went to the Microsoft shared folder as directed but I do not even find a VBA folder there?  there is a VGX folder there that was modified today, but there's only a VGX.dll file there, no VBE6Ext.OLB file or anything else

I looked in Excel 2010 for a "ribbon" function but had no luck there either

still help!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:23 PM
  • re you using 64bit or 32bit Windows ?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

Are you using 64bit or 32bit Office ?
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/24259/beginner-discover-if-youre-running-the-32-or-64-bit-version-of-office-2010/

The link above does not direct you to look in a folder - it directs you to look in your registry. Did you look in your registry ?

(Do you know what the registry is and how to view ?)
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:53 PM
  • I have 32 bit Office, not sure how to see about windows, I have windows 7 on a lenovo G570

And no, I don't know anything about the registry.  But am willing to learn.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:51 PM
  • Here's what made me think to open a folder.  It's from the first link that you sent.

1. Close excel program.

2. find the file vbe6ext.olb in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6

3. rename the file to vbe6ext.OLD

4. open excel program and go to "developper menu", if you don't have this menu, right click in the ribbon menu, "customize the ribbon" and check "developper" at right list

5. click on "visual basic" to open it

6. a pop up window comes to ask if you want repair the programme, clic yes

7. leave running the repair

8. close excel and reopen it...

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:03 PM
  • Those instructions are not from my link. They are from a link in the link. Whether they would apply depends on the information requested above

If you had clicked on the first link in my last post above - it would have told you whether you were using 32 bit or 64 bit Windows. Here it is again. Please click on the link below and report.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

If you have 32 bit, one third of the way down you will see

If you have 64 bit, one third of the way down you will see

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:08 PM
  • You may or may not have found an answer to your problem but since I am going away for several days I will leave this :

If the above test reveals that you have a 64-bit system, then the file vbe6ext.olb resides here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6EXT.OLB

If that is the case, you can try the following

1. Rename the file to vbe6ext.OLD

2. You do have a ribbon menu. It looks like this

3. Right click any of the menu items and select "Customize the Ribbon" from the drop-down list

4. In the right hand side of the window that will then open, tick "Developer" then "OK"

5. The Ribbon menu will now also show Developer. Click on "Developer"

6. Click on "Visual Basic"

7. A Window will open asking if you would like to repair this feature now. Click Yes.

8. When the repair has finished close Excel and reopen it.

• Marked as answer by rclaycom Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:19 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:32 AM
  • Thanks alot!  I didn't know much but you got me through it.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:20 AM