Exchange 2010 UM Outlook Voice Access. Turn Off voice feature and only allow key strokes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible for when a user dials into Exchange Subscriber Access Outlook Voice Access that they only be asked for keystrokes to browse the menu and not be asked to say a voice prompt?

I believe that if it detects the user has a microphone it will always default to voice prompt first. We have customer that has requested that only keystrokes be requested.

Thanks

• Edited by TechnoMusic Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:27 PM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have discovered that if I press a keypad once I enter my mailbox menu I will be prompted to press "0" to continue menu using keypad. However I would like it to default to this keypad.

Thanks

Celtic

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Hi,

I have now discovered that I can do this for each user by running the command below but still wondering if there is a global setting to do this..

Set-UMMailbox -Identity user@domain.x -AutomaticSpeechRecognitionEnabled $false

Celtic

• Edited by TechnoMusic Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:19 PM edit
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:18 PM
  • Unfortunately there isn't.  You will need to disable this feature for each account.  You can however run a piped PS command to do this for all your UM enabled accounts so you don't have to run 1 command per mailbox.
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:50 PM