AppDomainUnloadListener exception RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting below exception in SP log.

Name=Request (GET:http://sitename:80/sitepages/searchrun.aspx)            1012d027-2fa7-4ce8-ac26-91b884a0e1bb

01/06/2014 13:43:56.97 w3wp.exe (0x272C)                       0x1014  Web Content Management                        Publishing Cache                              f6s5        Medium               ObjectCache size is set to 100 megs.       1012d027-2fa7-4ce8-ac26-91b884a0e1bb

01/06/2014 13:43:56.97 w3wp.exe (0x272C)                       0x1014  Web Content Management                        Publishing                                    8zug       Medium               PublishingHttpModule.Init() calling AppDomainUnloadListener.Register()            1012d027-2fa7-4ce8-ac26-91b884a0e1bb

01/06/2014 13:43:56.97 w3wp.exe (0x272C)                       0x1014  Web Content Management                        Publishing                                    8x0a       Medium               AppDomainUnloadListener.RegisterSelf() entered lock(this=5010156)    1012d027-2fa7-4ce8-ac26-91b884a0e1bb

What would be the reason for above exception?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:15 AM

Answers

• Hi SatyaSahu,

may i know if you are having issue regarding the locking method?

as i know these messages are not errors, but more likely a listeners, so when there is a certain process that need to have a locking then it will set a lock for the resource, and it should not affect your sharepoint performance or IIS.

"This log of “AppDomainUnloadListener.RegisterSel” indicated that a PublishingHttpModule instance was initialized. For each HttpApplication, the PublishingHttpModule should be only initialized once. However, one w3wp process can have many HttpApplication, so if you see the log multiple times, it only indicates multiple instances of HttpApplication in the process, but not necessary to be any error. "

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    For this issue, I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at it.
    Thanks,
    Qiao
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Hi SatyaSahu,

may i know if you are having issue regarding the locking method?

as i know these messages are not errors, but more likely a listeners, so when there is a certain process that need to have a locking then it will set a lock for the resource, and it should not affect your sharepoint performance or IIS.

"This log of “AppDomainUnloadListener.RegisterSel” indicated that a PublishingHttpModule instance was initialized. For each HttpApplication, the PublishingHttpModule should be only initialized once. However, one w3wp process can have many HttpApplication, so if you see the log multiple times, it only indicates multiple instances of HttpApplication in the process, but not necessary to be any error. "

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:13 AM