none
internet 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed windows 10 and have found my aol mail is taking longer to download. I had a lot of items in my favorites that are now gone and it has taken me over two years to download all my bill address and other items. Is there a way to regain that info?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to know which way you use to install Windows 10, upgrade install or clean install.

If you use clean install, I am sorry to tell you we have no way to recover the information without 3<sup>rd</sup> party software if you haven’t backup.

If you use upgrade install, the favorites will exist in theory. You can check the folder under the path “C:\Users\your account\Favorites”. If it exists in the folder, you can try to add them to browser again manually.

If the folder doesn’t have anything, please check the folder “C:\Windows.old\Users\your account\Favorites”. In this folder, you will find the favorites which you saved before.    

Wish you will troubleshoot the issue smoothly.

Best Regards

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 18, 2015 8:04 AM