none
Using MDT, cannot map a specific network drive RRS feed

• Question

• I built a system using the Win7 64-bit DVD, installed a few applications.  Tested opening a server in question. 

Then ran Sysprep and Capture and saved the image as a WIM.  Put that WIM in a task sequence and installed on another machine.  Now that server cannot be mapped at all.  However, other servers in our network environment can map fine.  What could it be that after the sysprep, and then deployment, could prevent it mapping to a single file server?  Any suggestions will be helpful as it's driving me nuts.

• Edited by johnclin73 Friday, January 17, 2014 4:41 PM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 4:37 PM

All replies

• Your writing makes it a little difficult for me to understand, but perhaps, and I'm only guessing here, the 'Apply GPO pack' step in the "State Restore" group spoils the game here. Perhaps the GPO settings have caused a lock-down of this system in question?

What have you tried? Firewall disabled, or modifying the network center "Changed Advanced Sharing settings"?The settings that can be found there are mainly responsible for the visibility of a server.

Pres command prompt and type "net use" to see if any drive mapping has already been made, and is blocking the access..

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Friday, January 17, 2014 5:56 PM