Multiple User-Dialplans sharing same normalization rules? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we have a lot of user Dialplans (50) for each PRI in its location. These Dialplans have nearly 30 normalization rules for fast dialing other locations. Do i have to create for each dialplan new normalization rules or can i link to existing ones? I dont want to manage 30x50 normalization rules ;)

thanks and regards.

Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can select Normalization Rules which have been created in other Dial Plan for a new Dial Plan. But if you want to change a Normaliaztion Rules, you have to do that for every Dial Plan having the Rules.

At present, wo can not link existing rules for Dail Plan, so the optimization of Dail Plan is very important. Merging the Dail Plan as possible as you can.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, September 16, 2011 10:35 AM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can select Normalization Rules which have been created in other Dial Plan for a new Dial Plan. But if you want to change a Normaliaztion Rules, you have to do that for every Dial Plan having the Rules.

At present, wo can not link existing rules for Dail Plan, so the optimization of Dail Plan is very important. Merging the Dail Plan as possible as you can.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, September 16, 2011 10:35 AM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 7:23 AM
  • Hello,

i can select normalization rules in a new Dialplan but in fact they will be newly created. I cannot merge Dialplans. Every location needs an own Dialplan because of its one numbering plan.

In every Dialplan are 90% same entries, for short dialing other locations. Is there another possiblity to merge these rules in a global dialplan? Every user has a user dialplan and a global dialplan will be ignored, right?

Friday, September 2, 2011 9:00 AM
  • Hi,

Goog idea! You can merge these same rules in global Dial Plan. Normally, If the call number do not find the matched Normalization rules in user dial plan, pool dial plan or site dial plan, it will use global dial plan.

But we had better have a test. I will do the test next week.

Friday, September 2, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Hi Sean,

any updates on this? Unfortunately i think its not possible to get use of overlapping dialplans with  multiple normalization rules.

Did you tested it?

Regards

Friday, September 9, 2011 8:38 AM
  • Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry for my late answer.

I have had a test about it. It indeed can not use site or global policy if you assign a user policy for a account.

Friday, September 9, 2011 9:21 AM