Creating a bootable disk RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a bootable disk from the files downloaded for Windows 7. Which file do select when ImgBrn asks for the Boot Image?
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:23 AM

Answers

• I am trying to create a bootable disk from the files downloaded for Windows 7. Which file do select when ImgBrn asks for the Boot Image?

Hi

You should only have one file with the .ISO file extension?

Did you download Windows 7 from the Microsoft website?

Windows 7 Release Candidate Customer Preview Program

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:44 AM

All replies

Hi

You should only have one file with the .ISO file extension?

Did you download Windows 7 from the Microsoft website?

Windows 7 Release Candidate Customer Preview Program

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:44 AM
  • ok what file/files should I have changed to an ISO?

yes i download from the Microsoft website.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:23 PM
  • ok what file/files should I have changed to an ISO?

yes i download from the Microsoft website.
    Hi

When you complete the download, there should only be one file which will have the .ISO file extension. If the download is interrupted or stopped before the Verification is complete, you might see the temporary files that are created by the download manager, but these are converted to a single .ISO file when the process is complete.

What are the exact file names you are seeing?

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:29 AM
  • ok i have one .ISO file but if I use it as a boot file gBurner says that is an "invalid boot file".

the file name is 7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culxfrer_en_dvd (1)

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:43 AM
  • Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:47 AM
  • i redownloaded the whole thing and it worked first attempt. thanks for your help.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:51 AM
  • it would seem that Windows 7 doesn't detect SATA 11 HardDrives i got around this by using a old harddrive but this is a far from ideal solution, if anyone has a solution to this I'd like to hear your view.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:39 AM
  • it would seem that Windows 7 doesn't detect SATA 11 HardDrives i got around this by using a old harddrive but this is a far from ideal solution, if anyone has a solution to this I'd like to hear your view.

This should probably be in a new thread, but...

It's not fundamental to Win7.

Depending on your SATA controller and how you have it set up in the BIOS, you may need to have drivers on hand for the installation. I have a motherboard with an Intel X58 chipset. If I set the SATA controller to IDE mode, I need no additional drivers. That would not be true if I was using AHCI or RAID mode.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:45 PM
  • its not that windows 7 doesn't see the drive its that it wont let me access it, for ex. if i look at "my devices" it sees my drive, and even knows what it is but if i go to "my computer" it only shows the old harddrive.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:55 PM