Windows 7 help.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've recently upgraded my laptop which was running Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit(Acer Aspire 4730z Gaming Spec 4GB DDR2 RAM) I've been using this for about 2 years now. I realized that it only detected 3GB DDR2 RAm...then i understood this was caused by the 32bit OS...so I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate this time 64bit..and oh yes it detected all the 4GB DDR2...but  what I've realized is that the controls aren't smooth..I mean it doesn't crash but when I open browsers open programs it doesn't feels smooth it runs on a ATI HD 3470..does anybody know why?
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 7:27 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

This issue can occur by incompatible driver or third party programs. To troubleshoot the issue, please perform the following steps.

1. Download the latest driver from AMD website and upgrade the Graphic card driver.

2. Restart the machine to Safe Mode and open some programs or Windows Explorer to check the result. Is the program opened quicker? If not, please let me know. Otherwise, please restart the machine to Normal Mode and perform a Clean Boot.

What’s the result in Clean Boot?

Thanks,

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Friday, July 16, 2010 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:22 AM