none
Update MDT version to 8450 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking to update my MDT and ADK from "MDT 2013 Update 2" Build 6.3.8330.0 to “MDT
     8450” Build 6.3.8450.1000. My understanding is that I need to do the following:

1. Backup my deployment shares.

2. Uninstall the old ADK

3. Install the new ADK

4. Install the New MDT

5. Upgrade deployment shares

6. Create new Task Sequences and copy over customizations from the old Task Sequences

Apparently, the entire deployment share itself can be upgraded, but old Task Sequences cannot
     be used. Any other glitches? Are there other steps you would take?

Also, what do you suggest as far as backing up the deployment share? It’s really massive. Can
     I just skip certain folders like Drivers and Captures? I don’t consider those critical.

• Edited by kylejwx Friday, May 11, 2018 5:24 PM formating
    Friday, May 11, 2018 4:15 PM

All replies

• You basically got it and there is really not much I can add. Aside from modified scripts, there are numerous changes to TS templates (ts.xml / unattend.xml, which is why you need to recreate your TSs in the first place). I would perform full backup just to be on the safe side, but you could skip drivers / OS / applications / packages folders as they do not contain any scripts / configuration data. MDT upgrade process will modify data in your Control folder and swap out Scripts folder. It will also create a backup during upgrade too, but you know the rule, better be safe than sorry.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, May 11, 2018 9:19 PM
  • How can I tell which ADK I'm installing? I want to install the 1709 ADK, not the 1803. The download is just a stub file. Does the stub file always go and get the most recent version or does it get the version that was active when I downloaded it in February 2018?
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:52 PM