Remove Trusted application Pool RRS feed

• Question

• I created a trusted application pool but pointed it towards wrong registrar. Tried to change it from topology but not able to publish it getting error registrar cannot be changed. Now option is to  remove the entire trusted application pool and create a new one.

This trusted application pool has 2 servers.  My query is on these 2 member servers after the deletion of trusted application pool should I need to uninstall lync completely and then once I create new pool and install Lync again on them ?

Or after creating new pool just run the "Step up or remove  Lync core components" from deployment wizard on these 2 servers.

Saturday, December 16, 2017 8:57 AM

Answers

• Just to clarify, when you remove the existing Trusted Application Pool, and publish the topology, I would always run through the Deployment Wizard to clean up config.

Then create your new Trusted Application Pool, publish the topology, then run through the Deployment Wizard on the new server(s).

• Marked as answer by Striker11 Monday, December 18, 2017 3:08 PM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi, no need to uninstall Lync from those servers. Define the new Trusted Application Pool in Topology Builder, publish, and then run through the Deployment Wizard on the two servers.
    • Proposed as answer by Shishko Saturday, December 16, 2017 11:05 AM
    Saturday, December 16, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Thanks Steve for your response.

In the deployment wizard do I need to run Install Local Configuration store , Step up or remove  Lync core components and assign certificates. Or just need to run Step up or remove  Lync core components?

Monday, December 18, 2017 2:15 AM
  • Hi Striker11,

No,you need not run the deployment wizard ,when you remove the trusted application from the pool and publish the topology it will stop replication because lync will not know this server any more. please refer to following article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg195785.aspx

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 18, 2017 5:59 AM
  • Just to clarify, when you remove the existing Trusted Application Pool, and publish the topology, I would always run through the Deployment Wizard to clean up config.

Then create your new Trusted Application Pool, publish the topology, then run through the Deployment Wizard on the new server(s).

• Marked as answer by Striker11 Monday, December 18, 2017 3:08 PM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 8:24 AM
  • Thanks Leon for your reply. But in this case I need to add those same servers in a new pool. So I guess once I add them back and I need to go through the deployment wizard again.
    Monday, December 18, 2017 3:10 PM
  •                        

yes , Steve it makes sense to run the deployment wizard once I remove them and run it again when I add them to new pool .
    Monday, December 18, 2017 3:12 PM
  • Thanks for your sharing.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:28 AM