Local Computer Policy on XP SP3 PC contains different Windows Components headings on newly built PC RRS feed

• Question

• I just built 2 new PC's and installed all updates (as of 10/5/2012).  I then installed the Windows Security Compliance Manager (SCM) v2.5 on each PC and also installed the local GPO tool afterwards. Doing this requires that I also install additional, optional, software updates. 

I then opened gpedit.msc on each computer. One of the PC's has the following, expected, paths: Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/{NetMeeting; Event Forwarding; RSS Feeds; Internet Explorer; etc. All at the same level}.  But the other PC that I built (and I do not think I followed any different procedures), has the following subheadings under Windows Components: Event Forwarding; Windows Remote Management (WinRM); Windows Remote Shell; Windows Media Player; Windows Update; and that's the complete subheading list.

Certainly I must have followed some different steps but I am unaware of what they might be.  Does anyone know what happened?

William Fearn

• Changed type Vegaspines Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:45 PM No responses in the forum
    Monday, October 8, 2012 6:20 PM

All replies

• FYI - they are Windows XP SP3 PC's.

William Fearn

Monday, October 8, 2012 6:21 PM