none
Unable to unlock drive with Bitolocker recovery key/BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME 0x000000ED RRS feed

• Question

• Hello colleagues,

I have a following issues with laptop Dell Latitude E7450 with Windows 7x64 Enterprise:

1)During startup Windows OS I'm get a BSOD screen with error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME 0x000000ED

2)When I'm launching Repairing Mode system asking for entering a Bitlocker Recovery Key(it stored in AD) to unlock drive.
    I'm manually put an appropriate key for that machine, but nothing happened afterwards, Repairing Mode doesn't start and on screen I see a window with entered password and laptop is hanging up.

What I tried to do

1) start from CD/DVD drive and chose "Repair Your Computer" --> See two screens: System Recovery Options and Bitlocker Drive Encryption Recovery. System Recovery Options locked until proceed with manually input Bitlocker key--> Put an appropriate key and nothing happened afterwards, everything is hang up and only possible to switch off with power button

2) start from CD/DVD drive chose unlock drive via cmd put command manage-bde -unlock C: -RecoveryKey ... and left laptop for 1-2 hours but I didn't got any resultant message that drive is unlocked.

Could you please help me with that case? Any ideas, suggestions are welcomed!)

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:46 PM

Answers