none
No Filters is Visible in Filters option in PWA in project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• when i click on Filters option in PWA in Project Schedule Page in project server 2013 then only two option are visible that is no filter and custom filter.But when i see in MS Project 2013 then lots of filters are visible over there .I want to see same filters in filters option in PWA .How should i do that.please Reply.How can i make various filters visible to any view in Schedule page.
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:56 PM

Answers

• Actually no. The filters will be intrinsic to the view (cannot be removed, selected or even seen from the view by the users) and will not be available in the filters drop-down menu. It is a way for the administrators of the system to display only a certain number of data in the view for users not to access information they should not see (then views are associated to categories).

There is no way to preconfigure filters for PWA views: either you let the users create their own filters, or you create views with filters based on the users' needs.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:47 AM
  • Ashish --

Just to add to the excellent advice from Guillaume, please understand that what you see in Microsoft Project 2013 and what you see in PWA maybe be two different things entirely.  Yes, in Microsoft Project 2013, there are dozens of task and resource filters.  But in the Project Center page and the Resource Center page in PWA, for example, your choices will ALWAYS be limited to No Filter and Custom Filter.  It is NOT possible for the Project Server administrator to create custom filters for any page in PWA.  Hope this clarification helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashish,

What you see is normal: you just have 2 filters (no filter and custom filter). The filter you have in Project Pro are independant and not accessible from PWA.

Note that you can add filters in the PWA views definition.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:57 PM
  • So if i add filters in PWA View Definition .SO can i see it filters option in PWA.
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:38 AM
  • Actually no. The filters will be intrinsic to the view (cannot be removed, selected or even seen from the view by the users) and will not be available in the filters drop-down menu. It is a way for the administrators of the system to display only a certain number of data in the view for users not to access information they should not see (then views are associated to categories).

There is no way to preconfigure filters for PWA views: either you let the users create their own filters, or you create views with filters based on the users' needs.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:47 AM
  • But we can see and select the filter In case of All resource view.So is there no way to add filters in drop down in project view.i want to see filters in drop down.
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:38 PM
  • Which view/filter are you refering to? I cannot find. Are you refering to the resource center. It doesn't neither propose filters, just no filter and custom filter. The process in the same in the project and resource centers. either filter are created by the user itself from custom filters menu, or it is defined directly in the view definition by the admin.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:47 PM
  • Ashish --

Just to add to the excellent advice from Guillaume, please understand that what you see in Microsoft Project 2013 and what you see in PWA maybe be two different things entirely.  Yes, in Microsoft Project 2013, there are dozens of task and resource filters.  But in the Project Center page and the Resource Center page in PWA, for example, your choices will ALWAYS be limited to No Filter and Custom Filter.  It is NOT possible for the Project Server administrator to create custom filters for any page in PWA.  Hope this clarification helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:02 PM