Site Collection Administrator not able to see "Site Action" or modify webpart options though site is not locked RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

SCA(Site Collection Administrator) not able to see "Site Action" or modify webpart options of CEWP though site is not locked.

Because as we are Farm administrators, we are able to see these options without any issue.

We have checked through Central Admin, site has not locked option selected, means its not in "Read only".

Can you please advise us on this.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Jayashri

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:10 PM

Answers

• I had a farm account which could not see the site action menu recently. I ended up having to add the account to each site collection with full control so that it could access the menu. I have no idea why this happens.
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:48 PM

All replies

• I had a farm account which could not see the site action menu recently. I ended up having to add the account to each site collection with full control so that it could access the menu. I have no idea why this happens.
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:48 PM
  • Hi Jayashri,

Contribute or higher level permission by default see the site action menu. Can you please verify user permission at site collection level again?

go to site action-->site settings-->site collection administrator. here you can add that user who wants the admin rights.

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:57 AM