Skype hybrid - Federation Skype Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm deploying a S4B 2015 server and I'd like to setup an hybrid environment with Skype Online. The thing is the client does not want to open the federation to everyone in Skype Online. So I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to have a hybrid environment without enabling the federation with Skype Online? I'm just guessing that I have to enable the SkypeOnline provider thus I will open my domain to everyone in Skype Online. 

2. If the answer to question one is No, How can I block or filter the IM from unknown contacts? Is there any way to control who can contact me from outside? 

Thanks

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Antuanfff,

By enabling a split domain - e.g. yourdomain.com is hosted both on premise and with SFB Online, you can still control who you federate with.  It will not mean that you will be opening up your users to be contacted by anyone who is on SFB online.

This post covers your requirements:
    https://mikeparker365.wordpress.com/2016/11/14/skype-for-business-hybrid-with-closed-federation/

See this post which walks you through enabling closed federation for SFB Online
    http://tomtalks.uk/2016/12/skype-business-online-federation-external-connectivity-public-connectivity-options-configuration/

For your own premise deployment, you will want to ensure that you do not have open Federation configured.
    You will need to configure direct federation for any partners you wish to enable federation with.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" or "Propose As Answer".

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 11:20 AM
  • You in fact have complete control over who you want to get federated with or not at all. You may refer to the following guide with GUI to have a better and clearer understanding of how you can manage based on your requirements.

http://www.itprotoday.com/skype-business/understanding-main-types-federation-skype-and-lync-environments

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 1:32 PM
  • Hi Antuanfff,

Agree with others,

Yes,you could achieve it,you should set external access to the on “only for allowed domains” and add the domain in the “ blocked or allowed domains” on the organization of SFB admin centers.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:27 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:58 AM