none
MS Project 2013 Server on premise integration with MS Project 365 online - can the Project data sync between both SQL servers? RRS feed

• Question

• If we have MS Project 2013 Server on premise (company's SQL farm) and if we want to have a MS Project 365 online (hosted on the cloud) can the Project data sync (bidirectionally) behind the firewall?

If i publish a Project plan on the company's MS Project 2013 server, can i access it on the cloud? or if i hit the SHARE button to a SharePoint site in the company's server, and an external customer view it on the SharePoint 365 on the cloud? out side the firewall? 

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• IsaackB,<o:p></o:p>

Each PWA instance has own Project Database, your scenario is not possible to achieve.<o:p></o:p>

Sharing PWA site with external users is not simple as SharePoint site sharing. You may need to depend on Azure Identity service and each user should have Project CAL associated with it.<o:p></o:p>

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thank you for your reply, I saw video demo where you can click on the new feature of SHARE on Project 365 on-line - the office 365 license is subscription base so if the external users logs in to the cloud external SharePoint landing page they can see some Project health and some read only sharepoint pages 

SharePoint on-line collaboration with external clients on the cloud.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/projectserver/jj906608

My original question is if the Project plan is published on the Project server On premise at the company's data center, can MS AZURE sync the project data to the CLOUD hosted SQL database so the project data can be viewed on the cloud by remote users, or remote external customers

more importantly can a Project Manager use Project 365 online create a project on the cloud, can that project data be synced from the cloud to the company's MS Project Server 2013 SQL database?

-Isaack

• Edited by IsaackB Wednesday, May 22, 2013 11:37 PM wrong URL
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:14 PM
  • I found what I was looking for "MS Project 2013 Server on premise and MS Project 365 on-line" how to compare them, if a large enterprise company can have both options and if they can sync between the company's SQL project db and the MS Project 365 on the cloud

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn217893.aspx

-Isaack

• Marked as answer by IsaackB Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:51 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:51 PM