Interface language: English (US) to Italian (IT) RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to know how I can get a language interface pack for Italian. First, without going online, I changed the format of dates, currency, time, and numbers to that of Italy, and I switched the language for non-Unicode programs to Italian. This helped, but only marginally. Almost 95% or more of text is in English. I already went to Local Language Programs » Language Offerings on the Microsoft Unlimited Potential site to see if they had that, but they had every other European language except Italian. How can Italian possibly be excluded? They have Catalan, Alsatian, and other languages with lesser speakers, yet not Italian?! I went to Available Language Packs at Microsoft TechNet , and it seems that they have it. Yet I can't believe how come Microsoft cannot provide a link right there on that page of where I can get the pack.

For those of you who just have to know why I want to switch languages, especially from one bigger language to one smaller language, is because I speak Italian alongside English, and it would make me feel more comfortable with a user interface and system in Italian.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:29 AM

Answers

• Assuming that you are not running Windows Vista Ultimate, you'll need to upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate, then visit the Windows Update web site to download the Italian language pack.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:47 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:48 AM