none
Windows 10 1903 - Apply Driver Package RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

i've noticed some strange behavior on Windows 10 x64 - v1903 when applying driver packages in TS.

SCCM task sequence step Apply driver package successfully installs drivers for certain computer model, but when deployment is finished and i sign in to Windows, open device manager, some device drivers are not shown as installed (GPU, ETH..).

Then if i right click on the device and select update drivers it starts installing them from local Driver repository (so the drivers are there). 

WHY? how to fix this?

Thank you!

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

1.Based on my experience, all Configuration Manager does is copying drivers to the destination system for use by Windows. It's then up to Windows Setup to perform a PNP detection and pick the best drivers. So, just a driver is in a package, doesn't mean it will get picked up and used by Windows.

Here is a similar thread for your reference:Task Sequence Apply Driver Package not Installing All Drivers

2.Please help check the smsts.log and look in the hidden folder C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther to view the setuperr.log and setupact.log file for more detailed information.

3.May we know what version of Configuration Manager you are using? Is it supported Windows 10 1903 as a client? Please refer to:Support for Windows 10 in Configuration Manager

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 14, 2020 3:42 PM