Mac users being prompted with "Authentication Required" RRS feed

• Question

• I have a good percentage of Mac users in my environment. I have recommended FireFox as the browser of choice; however, we're still getting prompted with "Authentication Required."  Screenshot:

I've added both the Team Sites and the My Sites to network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris in about:config. But I'm still getting prompted.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:08 PM

Answers

• We figured out how to make it work and stop users from getting prompted in our environment. Users will have to user Safari though and this solution assumes the Mac is on the domain.

1. Open the site in question
    2. At the prompt for authentication, enter "domain\user alias."  Entering the domain is key here.
    3. Enter password
    4. Make sure you check the "would you like to remember this password in your keychain" checkbox.
    5. You may have to do this several times. We had to do it a total of 5 times because the keychain wouldn't accept the MySite authentication for some reason.

After you complete this, users shouldn't be prompted anymore. When the user is forced to change their AD password they will have to update their keychain with the new password (every 60-90 days depending on AD password policy).

• Marked as answer by Chris Grist Monday, March 12, 2012 9:25 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 1:33 PM

All replies

• are the macs on the domain?
    Regards, Chris
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:01 PM
  • Yes.
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:11 PM
  • We figured out how to make it work and stop users from getting prompted in our environment. Users will have to user Safari though and this solution assumes the Mac is on the domain.

1. Open the site in question
    2. At the prompt for authentication, enter "domain\user alias."  Entering the domain is key here.
    3. Enter password
    4. Make sure you check the "would you like to remember this password in your keychain" checkbox.
    5. You may have to do this several times. We had to do it a total of 5 times because the keychain wouldn't accept the MySite authentication for some reason.

After you complete this, users shouldn't be prompted anymore. When the user is forced to change their AD password they will have to update their keychain with the new password (every 60-90 days depending on AD password policy).

• Marked as answer by Chris Grist Monday, March 12, 2012 9:25 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 1:33 PM