none
lost an added feature... Media Center, which i payed for when i originally upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro from Win 8.0 Pro w/ Media Center RRS feed

• Question

• I needed to reinstall 8.1 Pro over my OS to fix a damaged Windows file system. The performed procedure fixed my system but removed my Media Center, which was payed for years ago when i upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro w/ Media Center from Win 8.0 Pro w/ Media Center. I had to purchase it then, even though i already had it prior to the upgrade, and so i do not feel i should have to pay for it once again, especially since i saved the Product Key the second time!

Saturday, December 30, 2017 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Is that you can’t use the old Media Center key in the windows 8.1?
    I found a user who had the similar issue as yours, they gave the advices may help you, please refer to the link:
    Install Windows 8.1 on Windows 8 Pro with Media center addon key:
    https://superuser.com/questions/662632/install-windows-8-1-on-windows-8-pro-with-media-center-addon-key
    Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability. Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Vera Hu Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:34 AM
    Monday, January 1, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 4, 2018 1:26 AM