Clearing user ID cache? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to log onto the Ohio nursing home website via AT@T network dialer.  When i use my original windows login user ID, the secure website will not let me access the page.  I created a new generic user ID with administrator rights and the secure website let me login without any problems.  The IT tech said my user ID must have a problem and that i would need to clear the user ID cache of my original user ID for it to work.  How do i clear the user id profile cache or why won't it let me logon to the state's secure website with my original ID, but i could logon with the new one without any trouble?
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can open IE---Tools---Internet Option---Content---Certificates, clear SSL state and certificates in IE.

If it doesn’t help, go to Credential Manage in Windows 7, delete unused credential or create new credential in it.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:57 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Hi 1FastSUV, you said..

How do i clear the user id profile cache or why won't it let me logon to the state's secure website with my original ID, but i could logon with the new one without any trouble?

If you're using IE as your browser, you could try using the 'InPrivate browsing' function - this'll disable the cookies, etc. so you should be able to get onto the site and log-in with your old account. I had this problem with a secure site one time and this let me get on. You'll probably have to delete the cookie related to the site if you can find it also.

InPrivate browsing is found in the Tools menu of ie - 2nd from top.

Hope that helps you, pkn2011

If my post was helpful - give it a Vote. If it helps solve your problem - propose it as Answer. ;-)
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:58 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can open IE---Tools---Internet Option---Content---Certificates, clear SSL state and certificates in IE.

If it doesn’t help, go to Credential Manage in Windows 7, delete unused credential or create new credential in it.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:57 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Hi 1FastSUV, you said..

How do i clear the user id profile cache or why won't it let me logon to the state's secure website with my original ID, but i could logon with the new one without any trouble?

If you're using IE as your browser, you could try using the 'InPrivate browsing' function - this'll disable the cookies, etc. so you should be able to get onto the site and log-in with your old account. I had this problem with a secure site one time and this let me get on. You'll probably have to delete the cookie related to the site if you can find it also.

InPrivate browsing is found in the Tools menu of ie - 2nd from top.

Hope that helps you, pkn2011

If my post was helpful - give it a Vote. If it helps solve your problem - propose it as Answer. ;-)
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:58 AM
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:43 AM