word 2007 problem after downgraded from word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

initially i have office 2010, and created few word 2010 file that contain contents in both Malay and English language.

after downgraded my MS office 2010 to office 2007, i opened that file, and notice that all the words in Malay language had joint together, while words in English remains normal.

any idea how to solve this?

FYI, i'm using Windows 7 64bit home edition.

Regards,

Tristan Lau 

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, I understand that after downgraded MS Office 2010 to Office 2007, all the words in Malay language had joint together . If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

This problem might occur if Office 2010 registry data affect Office 2007  

Please follow these steps to test this issue

1.       Complete Uninstall Office 2010 or earlier version

To uninstall the 2010 Microsoft Office suite automatically, click the Fix this problem button or link. Click Run in the File Download dialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

2.       Repair Office 2007 after uninstall Office 2010 ,reinstall the language pack

Run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics feature

Ø  click Start

Ø  Point to  All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > click  Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

Or Run the Detect and Repair feature

Ø  Click Start.

Ø  For Windows Vista or Windows 7, type the following command in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER:

appwiz.cpl

Ø  If you are running Windows XP, click Run, type the following command in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER:

appwiz.cpl

Ø  Click the name of the Microsoft Office Edition 2007 that you want to change, and then click Change.

Ø  Click the option Repair, and then click  Continue.

How to repair Office 2007

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924611

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely

William Zhou CHN
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, April 25, 2011 1:40 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:12 AM