none
No software installs RRS feed

• Question

• I can no longer install or update software on my computer. I also noticed I cannot delete folders were software is installed to try and do a clean install. I log on to my computer locally and it is a home computer. But it says I am using a AD Azure account. This account is causing the problem and is not allowing software to install. How can I fix this issue?
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hi CrispyCritter,

Of course you cannot enter the same Azure AD account.

You need to create a local user account to be ensure that you can sign in the Windows after disconnecting from the Azure AD.

Check if you have another local admin user account:

Settings -> Accounts -> Other people

If yes, remember to that local admin account in steps 2. (For example Admin)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 15, 2017 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Crispy,

First of all, we need to confirm if your computer is in fact Azure AD joined.

1. Sign in with a local administrator user account.

2. Go to Settings -> Accounts, click on Access work or school in the left pane. If it's AAD connected, you will see the following message "Connect to XXX's Azure AD".

3. If it's indeed Azure AD joined, just disconnect it via selecting Connected to XXX's Azure AD section, click Disconnect.

4. After that, your computer will be a clean workgroup member.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 7, 2017 3:08 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If yes, please mark the helpful reply as answer in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:33 AM
  • I followed the steps above and got to a message that says "After disconnecting you won't be able to sign in to this PC with your organizations account". I wasn't sure if I should continue. I don't won't to get stuck to where I can't sign in to use the PC. I assume there must be another account that will be used? Please advice how I should proceed. 
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 4:14 PM
  • Yes, you can be sure to click continue.

That message just state that you cannot sign in with Azure AD account. However, you can sign in with your local user account.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:19 AM
  • I clicked continue and it asked me to verify the account to be used after the disconnect. I entered my same Email address and password and those are not accepted. I verified them by logging into the same account on the web as my business Email address is also used to login to my Microsoft account. So it is as if my business Email address is tied to the Azure account and apparently that is the only account on my computer. Next?
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:48 PM
  • Hi CrispyCritter,

Of course you cannot enter the same Azure AD account.

You need to create a local user account to be ensure that you can sign in the Windows after disconnecting from the Azure AD.

Check if you have another local admin user account:

Settings -> Accounts -> Other people

If yes, remember to that local admin account in steps 2. (For example Admin)

Friday, December 15, 2017 7:48 AM