Preping for SCCM 2012 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• I want to prepare a GP to push to our client PC that will configure the firewall - Program Exceptions and IN/OUT ports.  Is there a list of the installation paths for the program such as Statview.exe.  I am creating a template client with the firewall properly configured so I can import that into GP.  If Microsoft or someone has already created a GP for this purpose please direct me to it.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:34 PM

Answers

• Actually all I am looking for is the install path for statview.exe and helpctr.exe on the client computer.  I have all the firewall ports settings ready to go but would like to have the install path for these two files so I can set the program exception for them before install.

In other words.  For those that have SCCM 2012 installed can you take a look at one of your SCCM 2012 clients and give me the path where they are installed on the client?

Thanks

Install CM12 beta eval, look the files up ... you need to have this product in a lab to do stuff with it.
    Saturday, December 1, 2012 11:34 PM

All replies

• If you are looking for the firewall/port settings requiered on the CM12 clients, the information you can find here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682180.aspx
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Actually all I am looking for is the install path for statview.exe and helpctr.exe on the client computer.  I have all the firewall ports settings ready to go but would like to have the install path for these two files so I can set the program exception for them before install.

In other words.  For those that have SCCM 2012 installed can you take a look at one of your SCCM 2012 clients and give me the path where they are installed on the client?

Thanks

Friday, June 29, 2012 12:44 PM

Thanks

Install CM12 beta eval, look the files up ... you need to have this product in a lab to do stuff with it.
    Saturday, December 1, 2012 11:34 PM