locked
Outlook 2007 receive problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello All,

     

    I am having issues with outlook 2007 and exchange 2007. Some of the clients are complaining they receive emails after a long time sometimes it takes 30 mins for an email to arrive in there mail box. They have to constantly restart outlook 2007 to receive emails and amazingly its only one client. I updated the outlook 2007 and installed the latest patches. It works fine for couple of hours after that it breaks up and doesn't receive emails at all and had to restart the outlook. Does any one can provide a bit of advice as what might be wrong?

     

    Thanks

     

    Monday, November 28, 2011 5:47 PM

Answers

  • imkottees,
    i am getting the same solution from everywhere :). Just couple of more points, same system was having problem downloading OAB when I pressed 'send / receive all' . I fixed by changing a permission of file on exchange server to read and they it worked fine. Actually, we give this system to temps and every temp complains about the delayed emails. I thought it might be related to OAB permissions on server but seems something else.
    Thanks

    • Edited by trueUser Monday, November 28, 2011 10:36 PM forgot something
    • Proposed as answer by Sophia Xu Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by trueUser Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:07 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 10:36 PM
  • Hi All,

     

     

     

    Thanks for all the replies,

     

    I had to change the settings in hosts file entered following enteries and it worked,

     

    autodiscover.domain.com

     

    dc.domain.com

     

    Thanks

     

    • Marked as answer by trueUser Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:07 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:07 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    Please try to rename the ost file and see how it works.


    Thanks & Regards, Kottees
    Monday, November 28, 2011 6:05 PM
  • Hello Kottees,

    Thanks for the response,

    I tried with different accounts but all have same problem. But If I access the outlook 2007 from other system it works fine. Just this PC only and secondly all the account (accessing outlook 2007 using local profile) on this system suffers from this problem.

    Thanks

     

    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:38 PM
  • so better way to format it then.. 
    Thanks & Regards, Kottees
    Monday, November 28, 2011 8:10 PM
  • imkottees,
    i am getting the same solution from everywhere :). Just couple of more points, same system was having problem downloading OAB when I pressed 'send / receive all' . I fixed by changing a permission of file on exchange server to read and they it worked fine. Actually, we give this system to temps and every temp complains about the delayed emails. I thought it might be related to OAB permissions on server but seems something else.
    Thanks

    • Edited by trueUser Monday, November 28, 2011 10:36 PM forgot something
    • Proposed as answer by Sophia Xu Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by trueUser Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:07 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 10:36 PM
  • Hi All,

     

     

     

    Thanks for all the replies,

     

    I had to change the settings in hosts file entered following enteries and it worked,

     

    autodiscover.domain.com

     

    dc.domain.com

     

    Thanks

     

    • Marked as answer by trueUser Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:07 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:07 AM