locked
Exchange 2003 SP2 msxml3.dll 80070005 error RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a cluster of 2 Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition SP2 32-bit. This cluster runs Exchange Server 2003 SP2 apllication and some VBScripts. These scripts connect to Exchange via WebDAV. If any of these scripts runs on NODE1 all works fine, but if it runs on NODE2, i get an error Error: Access is denied. Code: 80070005 Source: msxml3.dll
    It doesn't depends on which node runs Exchange Server 2003 SP2 application. Example of code, which causes the error:

    Set objXML = CreateObject("msxml2.xmlhttp")
        objXML.Open "PROPFIND", strFullWebDAVPath, FALSE
        objXML.SetRequestHeader "Content-type:", "text/xml"
        objXML.SetRequestHeader "Depth", "0"
        strRequest = "<?xml version='1.0'?>"
        strRequest = strRequest & "<a:propfind xmlns:a='DAV:' xmlns:p='http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/'>"
        strRequest = strRequest & "<a:prop><p:x" & strSetting & "/></a:prop>"
        strRequest = strRequest & "</a:propfind>"
        objXML.send strRequest

    I get the error right after objXML.send strRequest line.
    Both nodes have IE6 installed. Both nodes have updates installed:
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Device Update 4.0
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
    916783
    MSXML 6.0 Parser
    948496
    940349-v3
    934016
    932755

    At NODE1 i have also installed:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.59193
    FAR file manager 1.70 beta  5 build 1634

    At NODE2 i have also installed:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.56336
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable 8.0.50727.42

    There are no other differences between nodes.

    http://kf.lj.ru


    Friday, May 6, 2011 7:30 PM

Answers

  • You might want to post this in the Development forum.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:19 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 11:42 PM
  • I recognized that NODE2 had Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration component enabled. I disabled it and now all works fine.

    http://kf.lj.ru
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 8:31 AM

All replies

  • You might want to post this in the Development forum.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:19 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 11:42 PM
  • OK, thanks, I've posted there.

    http://kf.lj.ru
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 5:45 AM
  • I recognized that NODE2 had Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration component enabled. I disabled it and now all works fine.

    http://kf.lj.ru
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 8:31 AM
  • Hi Kirill,

    Thanks for sharing.


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:19 AM