Exchange Server 2016 CU11 install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!
    I have a question regarding to install CU11 on an Exchange 2016 CU6 server.
    The Upgrade Exchange to the latest Cumulative Update documentation contains the following warning regarding to customized settings:

“Any customized Exchange or Internet Information Server (IIS) settings that you made in Exchange XML application configuration files on the Exchange server (for example, web.config files or the EdgeTransport.exe.config file) will be overwritten when you install an Exchange CU. Be sure save this information so you can easily re-apply the settings after the install. After you install the Exchange CU, you need to re-configure these settings.”

Sadly, there is no documentation available for me regarding these settings and I don’t know if the previous sysadmin modified something, or not. The update process will create a backup from these files or I need to find a method to search for the customized settings and save these?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    David

• Edited by woland_y2k Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:45 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:43 PM

Answers

• Most on Client access service related config can be found below under exchange installation directory

%ExchangeInstallPath%\clientaccess

Transport related config file can be found here.

%ExchangeInstallPath%\bin

Thanks, Ashish MCITP, MCT, MCSE

• Marked as answer by woland_y2k Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:33 AM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:02 PM

All replies

• Most on Client access service related config can be found below under exchange installation directory

• Marked as answer by woland_y2k Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:33 AM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:02 PM

Agree with Ashish, we need to find the config files in the above path and save these, Exchange update progress will not back up theses files.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Manu Meng Wednesday, January 9, 2019 4:20 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2019 4:20 AM
  • Thank you guys for your help!

Regards,
    David

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:34 AM