Print Spooler not running RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to add a printer to my computer and I keep getting "Windows can't open....Print Spooler not running"... so, I do to Control Panel and Administrative Tools and I can not find the Print Spooler to open.  Whatdo I do?

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hi MareeluvsU2

From your description, you can try to restart Windows Printer Service for test.

if there is no help, your printer driver may be installed failed, you’d better to reinstall the driver of your printer.

If the problem persists, please contact to the manufacture of your printer.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:49 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:38 AM

All replies

• I'm trying to add a printer to my computer and I keep getting "Windows can't open....Print Spooler not running"... so, I do to Control Panel and Administrative Tools and I can not find the Print Spooler to open.  Whatdo I do?

Open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type cmd and press Enter. Now type these commands, which are in capitals for clarity only:

NET START SPOOLER and press Enter
    EXIT and press Enter

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Hi MareeluvsU2

From your description, you can try to restart Windows Printer Service for test.

if there is no help, your printer driver may be installed failed, you’d better to reinstall the driver of your printer.

If the problem persists, please contact to the manufacture of your printer.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:49 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:38 AM