none
Windows SteadyState and Trend Micro 2007 script RRS feed

• Question

•  

I see a lot of questions on scripting for antivirus applications and thought I would share my solution.

We set up several computers using Windows XP and Windows SteadState and decided to use Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2007. After several calls to Trend Micro and no assistance getting a command line for initiating an automatic update I was left to doing my own experimentation. In the registry I found the following line that executes on log in to the PC:

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AntiVirus 2007\tavui.exe -1 --delay 15

I took this line and changed it to:

"C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AntiVirus 2007\tavui.exe" -1 --delay 1

I then set Trends options:

Disable: Notify you before starting to download any security updates and critical software updates

Disable: Open a window to show the progress of each download.

I then put this line in a batch file and set Windows SteadyState to run the batch file during the update. Trend is now updating its pattern file during the update cycle.

Hope someone finds this information helpful!

Thursday, September 6, 2007 9:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Houzema,

Thanks for your sharing! I believe the information will benefit many customers.

Regards,

Monday, September 10, 2007 2:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Houzema,

Thanks for your sharing! I believe the information will benefit many customers.

Regards,

Monday, September 10, 2007 2:25 AM
  • G'day Houzema,

I'm trying to figure out the equivalent script (if there is one) to get updates happening in TIS '09 but I'm not having much luck.

Have you got a solution for this version yet by any chance?

Cheers,

Tom

Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:35 PM