none
BHOLD core Installation failed to create database B1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have deployed FIM 2010 R2 in our client requirement. Now, clients wants to use the BHOLD Attestation module for verifying and controlling their user accesses. In our test environment, we have FIM and SQL server on the same server, say SERVER1 and we are installing BHOLD core module on a separate machine say SERVER2. Both the servers (Server1 and server2) belongs to the same domain say DOMAIN1.
    we have performed all the prerequisites steps for installing BHOLD CORE module but still the installer is unable to create the BHOLD database (named as B1). we are getting the below error:
    Error -2147217843: Installation failed to create the database B1.

Login failed for user Username Reason: Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors.

Can somebody help me in identifying the issue? has anybody encountered this issue before?

Quick response will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Thursday, June 6, 2013 11:49 AM

All replies

• Sanjog

Make sure the account running the BHOLD install is a SA in SQL. This account also needs to be a local administrator on the machine that you are attempting to install the BHOLD core on. I would look at the SQL server logs based on above error message, I would think it would show information related to your problem. Also, there are requirements for the account you are using as BHOLD service account, usually called 'b1user', did you follow the BHOLD core install guide on TechNet regarding this?

Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:35 PM
  • Thanks Glenn for the reply.
    I got the solution. I gave the database name incorrect. corrected it and the installation is done successfully.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Friday, June 7, 2013 5:37 AM
  • Hi Sanjog,

Did you use Windows Authentication or was it SQL Authentication. I am trying to install BHold Core and have got a similar error.  Referring to the point "Select the check box if Windows Authentication is used to connect to the SQL Server. Clear the check box if SQL Server Authentication is used. The database must have been created before running BHOLD Core Setup If SQL Server Authentication is used." in BHold Core Installation instructions, could you please help me if providing db and authentication details is sufficient or should the database be created on the server if SQL Authentication is used.

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 4:04 PM