none
Error when trying to do a query in Oracle Database in Excel RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to do a query in Excel of a Oracle database I get the following error:

Unexpected Error: Object reference not set to instance of an object

I am using Office 2016 64 bit along with Oracle Client 11G 64bit.

If you need further information let me know.

My issue sounds similar to this one:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3d49bb6-a1f7-446f-9ca5-10c3d2ea6712/unexpected-error-object-reference-not-set-to-instance-of-an-object?forum=powerquery

I do not have the PowerOLAP add-in installed

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Just to add to the post above, everything was working fine in PowerQuery/Excel 2016 for months, and then it just quit.  I'm the user associated with the post above.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:07 PM
  • Hi Marybeth,

Does your reference to Power Query refer to the add-in, or the equivalent functionality that's built into Excel 2016?

Thursday, August 25, 2016 6:35 PM
  • My query is pulling data directly from an Oracle database, and was working fine without that add-in.  I'm not sure what changed unless an update was pushed out to either Oracle or Excel.  Do we need that add-in?  How else can we trouble-shoot this?  Could someone call my IT tech directly today to help us get this resolved?  I've invested a lot of time and programming into this technology and can't afford for it to be unstable.

Friday, August 26, 2016 12:55 PM
  • Hi Marybeth. When the error occurs, do you get an option to "Copy Details"? If so, can you please paste the details here?

Thanks,

Ehren

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:34 PM
    Owner
  • Hi again. We'd really like to help you with this. Please reply if you're able to help provide more details.

Ehren

Friday, September 2, 2016 9:25 PM
    Owner