none
Resume BitLocker Protection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have noticed that sometimes when I restart a server to apply some updates it boots without prompting the BitLocker password. Last night the server was restarted and it asked for BitLocker password today, but after it was booted I saw this warning:

What does it mean and why it comes?

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 8:16 AM

All replies

• Open the eventlog and move to Applications and services Logs, Microsoft-Windows-BitLocker-API/Management and look at the times when it was suspended. Do these times mean anything to you, do they ring a bell?
    Friday, September 28, 2018 6:51 AM
  • Only such logs:

Friday, September 28, 2018 7:14 AM
  • Did you understand my question? I was asking about the times when it happens and those can be seen in your screenshot. ->Do these times coincide with any actions, for example:

-Backup

-Update installation

-Shutdown

?

Friday, September 28, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Did you understand my question?

No, I didn't understand your last question. Now I got it. I was thinking of Windows Update, but I've checked the logs - everything seems to be fine. Sometimes I get this error, even when everything is ok with the BitLocker:

nothing else could ring a bell. I just came to my work, logged into my workstation and found the BitLocker suspended.

Friday, September 28, 2018 8:41 AM
  • Let me tell you, what you should do: you should again open event viewer and right click that event and select "attach a task to this event" ->"create a task"-wizard opens ->click next->click next again, select "start a program" and click on next-> as program/script simply type

msg yourusername /time:0 Attention: Bitlocker is suspended!

Finish the wizard by agreeing that it will take the arguments the way it likes them to be.

Result: whenever bitlocker is  suspended, a popup will appear immediately. Try it out ans suspend bitlocker afterwards for a test.

Friday, September 28, 2018 8:59 AM
  • Thank you very much. I will follow that you've suggested.
    Friday, September 28, 2018 10:16 AM