none
Advanced Micro Devices - MEDIA - 3/21/2016 12:00:00 AM - 7.12.0.7723 RRS feed

• Question

• Since this MS optional update my Big Fish Games Manager has stopped working, so I cannot play games. Do you think there is any connection?

Thank you, Sue

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Sue,

Is there any error message?

Please check if there any event created in System and Application of Event Viewer.

Please try to use clean boot to boot PC into a clean environment to see it the issue still occur.

Here is a link for your reference.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

And you could also try to uninstall the update to see if it can work.

Or you could roll back your Advanced Micro Devices – MEDIA drivers (sound) in Device Management to see if it can work.

Please also check if the PC is up to date. (Type Windows Update in search box, then select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Friday, January 19, 2018 10:16 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 6:03 AM
  • Since this MS optional update my Big Fish Games Manager has stopped working, so I cannot play games. Do you think there is any connection?

Thank you, Sue

Don't download it!

there's no KB article, nor any information whatsoever listed about it.

Of course it's going to break your entire system, as usual. 

Every so often Microsoft Employees have a practical joke day at work and release these shady updates that stop everyone from using their computers how they want to use them.

I suspect they're pushed out by Microsoft for the NSA, as they just seem to appear randomly.

Your post was in January 2018, it was released in March 2016, and the first time I saw this update appear in my Windows Update was in Nov 2019, completely out of the blue. so...

I suspect it happened when my Antivirus Updated to plug some holes they were using, so they had to release this driver to reopen the exploits.

They're mostly just Racist Fascist White Nationalists, so watch out if you're not one of them

• Edited by Tenzen1 Wednesday, November 6, 2019 12:49 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 12:39 PM