none
Delete Inactive users from Project sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I HAVE TO remove CERTAIN INACTIVE USERS From the site collection.

would be appropriate to use the

Remove SP-User powershell command?

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Sherry,

Do you mean that you need to remove users from Sharepoint or from Project Server?Or both? Can you explain detailed what is the whole requirement? What kind of security model are you using? Which version of Project are you working on? Project Server 2010 / 2013?

If you remove the users from sharepoint but their are granted in Project by AD, probably they will appear in the next syncronization.

Thanks!

Monday, October 26, 2015 12:36 PM
  • Hi We migrated a bunch of users from domain1 to domain2. The users got successfully migrated in the Project server side but there were still domain1\userid as inactive in the security groups of project sites. Hence, I would like to remove those inactive users from those groups in each site.

Monday, October 26, 2015 4:47 PM
  • Hi,

Ok, if you don't need anymore this users you could delete them with an script. I think that you will must to remove them at the PWA site collection level.

Also, look at the "User Information List": if the users are there too, they will appear in the people pickers

http://zimmergren.net/technical/sharepoints-hidden-user-list-user-information-list

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:09 AM