none
Powerpoint and Word previews in search RRS feed

• Question

• I have read lots of posts of people having simliar issue's but have not not found any resolutions. The problem I am having is on a FAST Search Site is I see all the documents I have searched on, am able to do a vew in browser as well as an edit in browser (so Office Web Apps seems to functioning correctly) however I do not see any previews for word or powerpoint documents.

Have verified that both service application proxies are running and are associted with my web application. Have gone to site collection and verified under site collection features that Office Web Apps are activated as well as Sharepoint Server Publishing Infrastructure and SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection Features are activated.

Still no joy

Anyone have any ideas or seen similair results

Thanks

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:49 PM

All replies

• The basic prerequisite for preview is that the documents you want to preview in the query result are stored on a SP 2010 site with OWA activated. Seems like that's what you are doing, but wanted to verify that first.
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Hi Knut

Thanks for your response. Yes all documents are store in a SP 2010 site with OWA activated. This is verified as I am able to "View in Browser" and "Edit in Browser". That all works fine, just not getting the word and powerpoint preview.

A little background of my setup. I have a publishing farm (Enterprise Shared Services) which I use to share the User Profile Services, Managed Metadata, etc and a consuming farm where I have Office Web Apps installed and have my Web apps installed (MySites,Teamsites)

My people search search, user profiles and FAST search are all working as they should just not getting the preview panes. I don't get the placeholders where the preview should appear either.

Is it possible that I need to install OWA on my Shared Services farm even though I am not using it for anything other than User Profile Sync and Managed metadata?

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:31 PM
  • Hi MossMan2010,

One Quick question is your web application using SSL?

Reagrds,

Hiran
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:49 PM
  • No -- not using SSL

Thanks

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:41 PM