none
TH2 Release Professional 10525 will Not Complete Install RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot get 10525 to install. It copies files to 79 % and freezes. I installed 10240 from an ISO file and it completed smoothly on the same hardware/PC. This is a desktop PC with 16GB system memory, and an i7 Intel processor. Windows is on a 2TB RAID 1 array. What is the problem upgrading Windows 10 from Windows Update, while installing from an ISO file works fine?
    Friday, August 21, 2015 3:31 AM

Answers

• My issue was solved by disabling the ASmedia SATA 3 mode in the bios. No more need for using ISO's except for Fresh installs
    • Edited by Kurt506 Friday, August 28, 2015 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kurt506 Friday, August 28, 2015 9:05 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2015 9:03 AM
  • I noticed that my DVD drives weren't being detected in the bios, so I enabled the ASmedia SATA 3 mode and set it from AHCI to IDE and the updates install fine
    • Marked as answer by Kurt506 Sunday, September 6, 2015 6:15 PM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 6:19 PM

All replies

• Windows Setup creates log files for all actions that take place during installation. If you are experiencing problems installing Windows, refer to the log files to troubleshoot the installation.

Kindly check the following:

C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\SOURCES\PANTHER\SETUP*.LOG for more information to troubleshoot this issue.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Friday, August 21, 2015 12:13 PM
  • Thank you for the assistance S.Sengupta. I see 1,224 Setup events in the log. Do I just take note of the errors and warnings?
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 8:10 PM
  • One line in the task manager-

KB3074678 failed to be changed to Staged state... Status 0x800F0816

Sunday, August 23, 2015 4:01 AM
  • You need to reset Windows Update components then retry the same.

Monday, August 24, 2015 1:04 PM
  • Thank you again S.Sengupta. I have performed all the instructions under "reset Windows Update components" and the trouble with the Windows 10 update total freezing at 79% copying files with a total complete of 23% still happening
    Monday, August 24, 2015 11:12 PM
  • Try to make an ISO image and install directly from that. Otherwise let Windows Update carry on updating to TH2 Release Professional 10525 at the background while you carry on your normal works with PC.

I am referring the following:

Is it possible to download the th2_release Professional 10525 as an iso or how should I do to force a new download of the comlete th2_release Professional 10525 build?

"if you look in the $Windows.~ folders you might find    install.esd in the \sources folder.

There is a popular tool everybody uses to make it into an iso ,, might search it;

esd-decrypter-wimlib-4.7z

pretty simple... unzip into a temp folder and put a copy of the .esd in same folder

right click run the   decrypt.cmd    as admin ... select item 1 from the menu...  wait a few minutes."

Ref:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/problem-with-upgradingen-to-th2release/4019ac05-a1a4-401b-818a-36673578a271

But since this build is only available for the fast channel, there are no new ISOs for those who want to clean install the operating system, as Microsoft only releases these ISOs when a build is stable and reliable enough to be shipped to slow ring users too.

You may find ISO builds for TH2 Release Professional 10525 in the web but remember these are not officially released or made by Microsoft. And no support is offered in case something goes wrong during the install.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 12:04 AM
  • $Windows=Windows System files? \sources folder? Couldn't find any install.esd. I did find an .iso file of 10525, but being an Insider member on the fast track, I would hate to re-install Windows fresh each time a new build was introduced. I have done a fresh install on all my pre-releases so I can use iso's if I have to. I really would like to figure out why the Windows builds won't install through Windows Update, but the "lesser" updates download and install fine
    • Edited by Kurt506 Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:47 AM additional info
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:03 AM
  • I found an ISO of TH2 Release Professional 10525, but I have noticed that the Event Viewer shows a problem with the SecDrv Service after the TH2 Release Professional 10525 though Windows Update fails as described above. SecDrv.sys problems point to game playing issues, but I only have Halo: Combat Evolved installed and it plays fine
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 12:05 AM
  • TH2 Release Professional 10525 is installed and working fine. Of course, like all the previous releases it was a clean install. It is probably a driver issue that is causing a Windows 10 release not to install properly from Windows Update, but who knows what driver. I have scoured the Event Viewer but other than what I have already said, nothing stands out or works to this point in getting the Windows 10 releases to install using Windows Update
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:33 AM
  • My issue was solved by disabling the ASmedia SATA 3 mode in the bios. No more need for using ISO's except for Fresh installs
    • Edited by Kurt506 Friday, August 28, 2015 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kurt506 Friday, August 28, 2015 9:05 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2015 9:03 AM
  • In this build you might see "video memory management internal" blue screens. Usually with Nvidia video drivers... This blue screen doesn't occur in build 10240 or the July 29 release
    Sunday, August 30, 2015 1:20 AM
  • I noticed that my DVD drives weren't being detected in the bios, so I enabled the ASmedia SATA 3 mode and set it from AHCI to IDE and the updates install fine
    • Marked as answer by Kurt506 Sunday, September 6, 2015 6:15 PM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 6:19 PM