Adding .NET 35 RRS feed

• Question

• I've downloaded net 3.5 to our Win 2012 R2 server but Im having trouble getting Server Manager to install it. I run it but Im not sure what "Path" its looking for. I put the file in C:\temp. Ive tried all the paths  (temp is shared), C:\temp\, everything I can think of. Fully qualified and just server name but ti cant find the files it needs.

My agency is just starting with 2012 so Im a little behind. Thanks.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:03 PM

Answers

• prior to 2012 you could just add the feature and it worked. For whatever reason, in 2012, you have to provide a source. We have accomplished this by pointing the source to an ISO of the OS. Mount the ISO and then point the "alternate source path" to f:\sources\sxs (or whatever drive letter it is mounted to)

• Proposed as answer by atom_acres Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Lv Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:49 PM

All replies

• No download is needed. Start the Add Roles and Features Wizard here you can add .Net Framework 3.5 Features

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:30 AM
  • But I keep getting an error that says it cant find the source....
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:35 PM
  • Its running 4. Could that be why; you cant have both????
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:36 PM
  • prior to 2012 you could just add the feature and it worked. For whatever reason, in 2012, you have to provide a source. We have accomplished this by pointing the source to an ISO of the OS. Mount the ISO and then point the "alternate source path" to f:\sources\sxs (or whatever drive letter it is mounted to)

• Proposed as answer by atom_acres Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Lv Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:49 PM
  • Thanks..Ill give it a try.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:17 PM