none
Is it safe to delete the "Everyone" group from site collection?

Question

• Hi All,

Recently we got  complains that the "Everyone" group can be seen under "People and groups" section /_layouts/15/groups.aspx

We know this does not mean that users which are part of this group have access to the site collection. To have direc access, the group "Everyone" has to be visible under "Site Permissions" section /_layouts/15/user.aspx

My question is:
    Is it safe to delete the "Everyone" group permanently from all site collections (from the "People and groups" section)?

Best Regards
    Artur

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:49 PM

All replies

• Here you go

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/148406/deleting-and-creating-the-domain-group-everyone-in-sharepoint-2013-using-power

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:27 PM
  • Thank you for your answer. I also found this link, but it does not answer my question: is it safe to delete this group? I don't want to recreate it. I just want to click, "delete" and leave it like this.
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8:01 PM
  • It matters what is there inside the group. If there is "Everyone" and "All Authenticated users" inside this group and you don't want all the users in our organization to access the site, then feel free to access it.

regards,

SSM

Friday, March 24, 2017 3:32 AM