none
CreateObject ArrayList throw Permission denied error since last Windows Update RRS feed

• Question

• We are using CreateObject("System.Collections.ArrayList") everywhere in our classic ASP application code.

Since a recent Windows Update that was installed last night, every attempts to create an array list throw a permission denied exception.

Is there another solution besides "not using arraylist" or "uninstall the update" ?

Does this "bug" will be fixed soon in a next update ?

Thank you

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:34 PM

Answers

• I tried asking the question on ASP.net forums, but the post was deleted with reference to asking the question on https://forums.iis.net/1044.aspx/1?Classic+ASP or Stackoverflow. 

In the meantime, I fixed the issue by changing

IIS Manager -> Site -> IIS -> Authentication -> Anonymous Authentication [Edit ...]

from "Specific user" to "Application pool identity"

Hope this can help anybody having the same issue.

Friday, July 13, 2018 9:00 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately this is not a Windows update support or break/fix forum.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:48 PM
  • ASP issues should be posted here: http://forums.asp.net

VBScript is a bit obsolete. 

I have all of the latest patches and I see no issues with arraylist.

Post suspected bugs in the "UserVoice" forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:49 PM
  • It may be a bit obsolete but we are not gonna migrate all our app code shortly so I need a solution.

Thanks for the reply anyway

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:56 PM
  • Where is this UserVoice forum ?

I don't think forums.asp.net is a better place to post this issue since it is not asp.net it is classic asp

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:17 PM

I don't think forums.asp.net is a better place to post this issue since it is not asp.net it is classic asp

This is not the correct place to find a forum for a break/fix issue.  Contact support for detailed assistance troubleshooting this.  As I noted, all current systems I have tested this Net class on have worked as expected.  I cannot easily test under ASP because all systems have has ASP support removed or not installed for security and reliability reasons.

MS support will work with you.  If there is a bug caused by a patch then your support should be free,

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:21 PM

The ASP forum also covers legacy ASP.

UserVoice

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:22 PM
  • Did you find a fix?

I have the exact same problem on some of my sites in IIS, but not on others ...

Friday, July 13, 2018 4:26 PM
  • I have the exact same problem on some of my sites in IIS, but not on others ...

I refer the honorable gentleman to my first response to the initial question.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Friday, July 13, 2018 4:27 PM
  • I am very sorry, Bill. I just tried to reach out to the author of the thread. It doesn't seem as if you can write folks directly in this forum.

Friday, July 13, 2018 6:56 PM
  • I tried asking the question on ASP.net forums, but the post was deleted with reference to asking the question on https://forums.iis.net/1044.aspx/1?Classic+ASP or Stackoverflow. 

In the meantime, I fixed the issue by changing

IIS Manager -> Site -> IIS -> Authentication -> Anonymous Authentication [Edit ...]

from "Specific user" to "Application pool identity"

Hope this can help anybody having the same issue.

Friday, July 13, 2018 9:00 PM