none
Email Attachment size limits RRS feed

• Question

• I encountered a strange issue from a walk up customer. They have a pop3 email hosting service with no size limits on attachments.

They can access these via outlook and download the emails to their local OST file.

They have an exchange 2007 server with a 10 Meg attachment limit back at the office.

They happen to have these emails with larger than exchange limits file attachments and sync with the exchange server at the office and those emails disappear.

I have resolved the attachment limit problem easily, but they have asked if there is a way to recover the emails that disappeared.

I have not had a chance to remote in to look for these, but wanted to check in with the pros to see if these are stored somewhere on exchange and can be released.

Thanks All!

• Moved by Amit Tank Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:58 PM Exchange 2007 question
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, your customer want to recover all emails blocked by the message attachment size limit. If I misunderstand your meaning, please feel free to let me know.

If yes, the recovery depends on the emails type. If the emails are sent from Exchange server, we can check the queue to get them: http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2007/01/09/3397689.aspx

If the emails are from other email services, I recommend you contact with its support. In this case, the emails are always block by Exchange server and have no chance to enter the Exchange server.

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:53 AM