none
Script that when a device (usb barcode reader) is active, a window is brought foremost and letter/keystroke "v" is used automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

we have an application on our win 7 PC called "Centaman", it's a program that is used in the recreation industry for gate control, memberships, etc.

My issue is that when members scan there membership cards (on a laser usb barcode reader connected to PC), unless the main Point of Sale (POS) window is foremost and we press the letter "V" (which is a shortcut for Visit in Centaman) on keyboard, these entry's are not recorded.

I need a basic script that when:

USB is activated (member scans card) - POS window is brought foremost - The letter/keystroke "V" is pressed/used - ELSE if no "V" (expired membership, so no "v"/visit option) window/script stops and user (me) interacts.

If anyone can help, would be awesome. Thanks guys

Monday, December 1, 2014 11:21 PM

Answers

• Thanks guys, I contacted the vendor and they sent me a sheet with barcode's that create a set of rules within the app. Thanks again.  Cheers

Shane

• Marked as answer by Shaneus1 Tuesday, December 16, 2014 4:53 AM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014 4:52 AM

All replies

• You need to contact the vendor and ask them to help you configure the POS system correctly.  This cannot be solved with a script.  It is a configuration or design issue.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:26 AM
  • ask your vendor "centment" they can help you with some INI file in the application which will have such feature that whenver you want you can enable or disable "V".

i hope you understand , anything else do you need please post back.

pelease mark it as answer if it helps

Thanks,

• Proposed as answer by STscripter Wednesday, December 17, 2014 7:29 AM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 11:33 AM
  • Thanks guys, I contacted the vendor and they sent me a sheet with barcode's that create a set of rules within the app. Thanks again.  Cheers

Shane

• Marked as answer by Shaneus1 Tuesday, December 16, 2014 4:53 AM
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014 4:52 AM