none
Why I couldn't get MVP

General discussion

• Hi. so many times I have answered in forums. Uploaded few contributions and Scripting codes. Made changes on some wiki articles. Last year tried to nominate myself as MVP and nothing has changed. I would like to ask, do I need to prepare video lessons to get MVP or to answer in forums enough for nomination? Since I have started to answer on some questions I didn't receive any MVP status. Although I know some other colleagues has got MVP 3-4 times. And from their activity I see that they only have answered few questions and prepared 1-2 videos.  Again I would like to ask "DO ALSO I NEED TO PREPARE VIDEO LESSON or LESSONS TO GET MVP" or ONLY FORUM ACTIVITY ENOUGH?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely!

Khalid Garayev

* Please don't forget to mark as answer or Vote if it helps!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Khalid,

These thoughts are just personal but I think that Microsoft looks at a high level of consistent work across an entire year.

You may want to look at the MVP Search page (https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/MvpSearch) and see what current MVPs are doing. They may regularly operate a blog or video channel. They may host a user group, train, or lead webinars. They may write books or answer online questions. 

If your goal is to become an MVP, stick with it and emulate those who are successful. But do not make your focus all about the MVP. Focus on helping others - building a community - improving yourself. If you are awarded an MVP, awesome! If not, you will get a ton of experience and get share your knowledge with many others. Either way, you win!

Good luck!

Joseph

If my answer helped you, check out my blog: Deploy Happiness

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:59 PM
  • Agreed...

Alan Burchill (MVP)
    http://www.grouppolicy.biz

@alanburchill

Thursday, September 15, 2016 1:17 AM
  • > Agreed...

Me too :-)

One more thought: It took me 3 years of technet forum activity and
    blogging - so to me it seems you should improve your community engagement.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 8:41 AM
  • Does it possible with wiki articles or I need to prepare video lessons and put them in my Youtube channel?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely!

Khalid Garayev

* Please don't forget to mark as answer or Vote if it helps!

Thursday, September 15, 2016 8:54 AM
  • I have created blog uploaded contributions, Created Youtube channel, and uploaded my created video lessons. Creating new lessons to upload, sharing them in social networks. 

will it be enough? 

______________________________________________________________ Sincerely! Khalid Garayev

Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:33 PM