none
cannot join homegroup

Question

• Hi,

I'm running windows 10 64 bit.  I can't join a home group because it says unable to join.  I go into services and the peer homegroup is not running.  I try to start by double clicking and get the error 1068.  I have gone to this directory to delete the idstore.sset file but I can't locate since even when I show hidden files the folder is empty.  Help!  My email is Drotleff@cox.net

C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

Thursday, November 26, 2015 3:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Windows 10 issues are appropriately addressed in the Windows 10 IT Pro Category Forums

Highly recommend you post in the appropriate Windows 10 forum for more effective and efficient assistance.

This is a Windows 7 forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, November 26, 2015 5:52 PM
  • Hi ErichAD,

I understand what you are coming from, the path you supplied is correct, if you found there is nothing in PeerNetworking folder, the following web page may be helpful to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/29060-cant-start-peer-name-resolution-protocol-3.html

There is an additional similar reference, hope to give you some prompt.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/bb191e46-6c4d-4830-9654-0a040892aca5/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start-buisness-enviroment?forum=w7itproinstall

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If you couldn’t start the HomeGroupListener and HomeGroupProvider services, please set server service starts automatically, and start the following 5 services:                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Function Discovery Provider Host

Function Discovery Resource Publication

Peer Networking Identity Manager

Peer Name Resolution Protocol

Peer Networking Grouping

There is another thing to note: the status of Windows Firewall service and Windows Defender Service need to be “Running”.

Wish you have a happy time.

Friday, November 27, 2015 8:59 AM