BSOD when restarting Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded my Dell XPS 400 to Vista Home Premier.   Everything went well and I once I updated my ATI drivers, I was up and running in Vista or so I thought.  Then I decided to run my key software to insure that it still runs.  My Quicken, Fmaily Tree Maker and Mastercook all came up fine and did not appear to have any problems.  I then went through my MS Office 2007 apps and Word would not start at all.  So I decided to reinstall from Add/Remove Programs (or whatever its called now).  This went well and Office Installer wanted to restart to finish installing.  I clicked its restart button and now I am doomed.  Every time it tries to start Windows it does a blue screen.  If I try any of the safe modes, I get the error Windows Explorer stopped and must be restarted.  Next message is restart.  I do OK, OK and I'm in an endless loop.  I then have to do ALT-CTL-DEL to get out.  I disabled the reboot on failure and my blue screen is a STOP and the module is win32k.sys.  Then dumps.  I haven't found the dumps yet because I can't get into Windows at all.   Hope someone can help.

Eileen

Monday, April 9, 2007 2:39 PM