Softgrid (APP-V) and Powershell, not playing nice RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey guys,

This is my first post here, so let me apologize up front if I posted this question in the wrong forum.

We use Softgrid in our Citrix environment and Powershell as our main scripting language.  The issue that I am asking about is that when I launch powershell on a Citrix server with Sopftgrid installed,  I get the following error.

From the few articles that I have read,  it looks to be an issue with the Q drive.  Powershell tries to create PS drives for every mapped drive on the server when it's launched.  The error comes up because it doesn't have access to the Q drive. 

Powershell works fine even with that error showing up but we've been dealing with it for a while now and I'd like to get rid of it, if possible.

PS.  When I search the forums for "powershell"  I get nothing.  Is no one here using this (awesome) tool for scripting in Softgrid??

Thanks,

Joey

Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:55 PM

Answers

• Our WMI provider is for reporting only (i.e. read-only).  If you want to manage the client, you can use the command line interface SFTMIME.

The error you're seeing in PS is fixed in the latest PS CTP of v2.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=60deac2b-975b-41e6-9fa0-c2fd6aa6bc89&DisplayLang=en

Additional info:

What classes are available to query?

get-wmiobject -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client -list

What members are available in those classes?

get-wmiobject -class Package -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | get-member

get-wmiobject -class Application -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | get-member

Get some information from the client (note use of list output, table output, wildcards in properties to be displayed)

get-wmiobject -class Application -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | format-list Name,Version,PackageGUID,CachedOsdPath

get-wmiobject -class Package -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | format-table n*,v*,gl*,l*

get-wmiobject -class Package -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | format-list

Regards,

Gene Ferioli

Monday, November 24, 2008 12:47 AM

All replies

• Our WMI provider is for reporting only (i.e. read-only).  If you want to manage the client, you can use the command line interface SFTMIME.

The error you're seeing in PS is fixed in the latest PS CTP of v2.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=60deac2b-975b-41e6-9fa0-c2fd6aa6bc89&DisplayLang=en

Additional info:

get-wmiobject -class Package -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | get-member

get-wmiobject -class Application -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | get-member

Get some information from the client (note use of list output, table output, wildcards in properties to be displayed)

get-wmiobject -class Application -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | format-list Name,Version,PackageGUID,CachedOsdPath

get-wmiobject -class Package -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | format-table n*,v*,gl*,l*

get-wmiobject -class Package -namespace root\microsoft\appvirt\client | format-list

Regards,

Gene Ferioli

Monday, November 24, 2008 12:47 AM
  •  

Excellent Gene, Thanks!  I'll have to try this in the morning.

Monday, November 24, 2008 2:30 AM
  •  

Gene,  are these WMIobjects only available in 4.5?  We are using 4.1 right now.

Thanks!

Gene Ferioli (MSFT) wrote:

Additional info:

Regards,

Gene Ferioli

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:59 PM
  • WMI is available in 4.5 only.

Gene Ferioli

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 3:12 PM