none
Change Project Manager? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to change the "Project Manager" as it is listed on the "Delete Enterprise Objects" page.  The "Project Manager" listed on some of our schedules is no longer a team member of those particular schedules but are still receiving the email notifications when a resource assigned to the project team is deleted.  I need the NEW schedule owner to receive those types of emails.

I realize you can change the "Status Manager" on a particular task so that person gets email updates on those particular tasks, but when a resource assigned to the team is deleted from the enterprise directory, only the "Project Manager" gets the email.

Short of having the new schedule owner save a copy of the schedule to their hard drive and then save back to the server on top of the original schedule with the same name, is there another way to update the "Project Manager"?

Thanks for any ideas.

DJ Johnson

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• DJ --

Refer to the 2010 section at the bottom of the following FAQ:�??

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:42 PM
  • As always Dale, thank you for the answer!

At some point along the way, the "Owner" field had been removed from the Project Information PDP page so that field wasn't available.  I had most of my efforts focused on changing the Owner in Pro, not PWA so I didn't even think to look at the available fields in the PDP.

I'm actually embarrassed I didn't figure that one out... I thought Treb and Bill Raymond taught me better than that!  lol

Thanks again,

DJ Johnson

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:40 PM
  • Daren --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:48 PM