none
SPMT scans are blocked because of problem with permission level RRS feed

• Question

• On a number of sites the SPMT scans are failing apparently because it thinks the EDIT permission level is using a reserved type code of 6. 

Does anyone have any insight into the best way to resolve this?  Is there some repair or recreation we can do to the Edit level to get around it?

"Invalid source folder 'https://portal.company.org/SiteName/doclibname'. Reason: 'The customized permission level [name=Edit, ID=1073741929] is invalid because its type '6' is system preserved.' (ErrorCode: 0x02010012)"

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:03 PM

All replies

• I experience the same situation...

Invalid source folder '/CompanySolution/SiteName'. Reason: 'The customized permission level

[name=Edit, ID=1073741927] is invalid because its type '6' is system preserved.'

"Edit" permission level is NOT customized. Applicable to all the sites in the Web App.

Did you find a solution for it, Todd?
    Monday, June 10, 2019 3:56 PM
  • I am currently experiencing the same issue with a few libraries I am trying to migrate.

Reason: 'The customized permission level [name=Edit, ID=1073741929] is invalid because its type '6' is system preserved.' (ErrorCode: 0x02010012)
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:47 PM
  • Hello,

Any updates please.

I am currently experiencing the same issue.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:59 PM
  • I wasn't able to find any way around this, so I ended up going with a third party migration tool (ShareGate).
    • Marked as answer by Todd I. Stark Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:20 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Todd I. Stark Friday, August 2, 2019 12:24 PM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:19 PM
  • Hello anyone got any solution to this. I am using latest version 
    SharePoint Migration Tool

Version 3.1.110.1

Still it is not migrating the list on which we have edit permission

I am facing this issue.. still no resolution found.
    • Edited by Ahmed_Zaidi Friday, August 2, 2019 1:25 PM Posted issue.
    Friday, August 2, 2019 11:27 AM
  • It doesn't sound like a solution... We heavily rely on SharePoint Migration Tool, so would be good to get a resolution - it should work, there are no customized permission levels on the sites we are trying to migrate(
    Friday, August 2, 2019 12:13 PM
  • All right, as there is still no solution - here is the WORKAROUND, that we found to fix it:

You need to remove "Edit" Role Assignment from site's Permissions before starting SPMT migration!  

Edit permissions for such groups and temporary uncheck "Edit" Role Assignment. It may be changed to "Contribute", and then set back to "Edit" in SPO, when the migration is finished.

Also keep in mind, that "Edit" Role assignment may be present in any of child lists or document libraries of the particular site (which has broken Permission Inheritance, of course), so check it as well.

P.S. I stress out, that it is a BUG in SharePoint Migration Tool, that stands for quite a long time. "Edit" permission level is not customized on Source in any kind. And SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool Scan (SMAT) reports, that there are NO Customized Permission Levels on source site.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:08 PM