Hosted App-V Connection Error: APP Virt. Client Could not update Publishing information RRS feed

• Question

• My company is starting to Host applications as a SaaS Solution using APP-V.  We use the Windows 7 Credential Manager to specify the credentials for the APP-V connections since the server is on a different Domain than the remote connecting clients.  All users have no issues connecting, but on my system I get the errors shown below, I originally had the HP Protect Tools Credential Manager which I thought might be interfeering, so I uninstalled the APP-V Client and removed all the HP Software on my system and then reinstalled the APP-V client.   I login to my computer as LocalDomain\LocalUser, and in my Win7 Credential Manager, I have the Windows Credential of Network Address- rtc4all.company.com Username- SaaSDomain\APPVUser (This username & password combo works when connecting to APP-V from any other computer)

When I try to login I get the following errors:

Application Virtualization Client Error
    The Application Virtualization Client Could not update Publishing information from the server APPV SERVER.
    The server will not allow a connaction without valid NTLM credentials. Report the following error code to your System Administrator
    Error code: 4605F3-16909000A-00002002

Appication Log Event Viewer Error -

[06/04/2010 10:21:03:812 MIME ERR] {tid=17C8:usr=LocalUser}
    Failure on Desktop Configuration Server request to URL {rtsps://rtc4all.company.com:322/} with header {Host: rtc4all.compan.com
    Content-Type: text/xml
    AppV-Op: Refresh
    } (rc 1690900A-00002002).

It looks as if it can't authenticate the credentials, hence the NTLM error, and as you can see it shows the LocalUsername1 as the name in the log, is it trying to connect with the local credentials instead of using the credential manager? Is there a way, maybe some registry entries I can change, to staticaly assign a domain account for the connection to make sure the correct account is used for the APP-V connection?  Why is this happening on this single PC?  We have one other client with the same issue and need to figure out a workaround for this issue.

Thank you, Grant Hoffman
    Friday, June 4, 2010 6:25 PM

Answers

All replies