How to backup and restore entire Farm RRS feed

• Question

• Dear folks,

I used buildin tool in CA to backup and restore entire Farm. Everything seem be ok but when i open PWA then An unknow error appeared. Track log then i know error because Project Server Service Application's proxy didnot work, i dont know y!. SO how could i do now to use PWA

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Friday, December 14, 2012 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hi

check the service application association. After a farm restore the default proxy group is not filled with the service applications.

Another issue is that farm restore does not restore host headers that you defined for your web applications. But that should not be the reason for your specific issue.

Hope that helps

Regards

Christoph

Friday, December 14, 2012 8:01 PM
  • No you don't have to remove PWA.

First Navigate to Central Admin>>Application Management>>Manage Service Application

Create new Project Server service application like "Project Server Service Application 2"

Next from Application Management page select Configure Service Application Association

Click on Default from Application Group column

Uncheck old project service application and select Project Server Service Application 2

Click ok

Check status of PWA site and try to access the same.

If home page still doesn't work try to access http://servername/pwa/projects.aspx or

http://servername/pwa/_layouts/pwa/admin/admin.aspx

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Try creating another Project service application and associate with PWA web application.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, December 14, 2012 5:09 PM
  • Hi

check the service application association. After a farm restore the default proxy group is not filled with the service applications.

Another issue is that farm restore does not restore host headers that you defined for your web applications. But that should not be the reason for your specific issue.

Hope that helps

Regards

Christoph

Friday, December 14, 2012 8:01 PM
  • thank Hrishi for reply, but if i remove current ProjectServer Service App i have to remove current PWA first :( how to associate old PWA with new ProjectServerServiceApp ?

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:02 AM
  • thank Chris,

how to re-associate ProjectServerServiceApp to his proxy ?

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:06 AM
  • No you don't have to remove PWA.

First Navigate to Central Admin>>Application Management>>Manage Service Application

Create new Project Server service application like "Project Server Service Application 2"

Next from Application Management page select Configure Service Application Association

Click on Default from Application Group column

Uncheck old project service application and select Project Server Service Application 2

Click ok

Check status of PWA site and try to access the same.

If home page still doesn't work try to access http://servername/pwa/projects.aspx or

http://servername/pwa/_layouts/pwa/admin/admin.aspx

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:08 AM
  • dear hrishi,

i follow your method but PWA still in ProjectServerServiceApp1, not in ProjectServerServiceApp2 as expected and one importance thing is i cannot access PWA site

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:34 AM
  • Try setting new service application as default using configure service application association page

Also you could delete the PWA instance but make sure to retain the site collection by unchecking the check box "delete the site collection from SharePoint" on PWA deletion page

Delete old service application and re-provision PWA site using old databases and PWA site name

Make sure you have backup of everything for rollback

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:39 AM
  • thank chris, thank hrishi

my issue has been solved (by follow posts i marked)

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:24 AM