Trouble with Windows Explorer, Briefcases RRS feed

• Question

• I have a computer that Dual Boots Windows XP and Windows 7.  There seems to be trouble whenever I open a briefcase that I have created with Windows XP.  The particular briefcase was large because I was using it as a backup for all of my files (about 6 GB).  Whenever I open it, it takes at least a minute.  It's instant on Windows XP.  I had annother briefcase that I put on my second hard drive that I had created on Windows XP.  Whenever I try to acess it, It denies me acess.  I have permission to on the folders via the "security tab" under properites.  Also, in some folders, when I right click, under the new menu, the only option I get is "new folder".  I do not get new shortcut, new briefcase, or any other options.  What can I do?

Saturday, June 6, 2009 3:34 AM

Answers

• I would guess you are seeing a problem in the 7 "Homegroup'. I would join the 7 machine to a "Work network" to try the XP briefcase.

Your second drive may be classed as an 'OS drive' by the 7 system. This would hide the drive letter by default.

You might try recreating the briefcases from the 7 system, if nothing else will work.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 3:27 PM